An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
Official websites use .mil
website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.
Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Missouri National Guard
Missouri National Guard
Search Missouri National Guard:
Search Missouri National Guard:
Care Team Map
Child and Youth Program
Education and Incentives
Family Assistance and Readiness
Holistic Health and Fitness
Missouri Military Family Relief Fund
MONG Apprenticeship Program
Psychological Health Program
State Family Program
Yellow Ribbon Program
Enlisted Promotion System
Equal Employment Opportunity
Human Resources Office
Volunteer for Mobilization
News and Media
Current Job Listings
Warrant Officer Careers
Brig. Gen. Kimbra L. Sterr
Brigadier General Kimbra L. Sterr is the Chief of Staff, Missouri Air National Guard, Jefferson City, Mo. She administers and supervises the Missouri Air National Guard State Headquarters staff in their support to subordinate units. Her leadership and oversight ensures the mission readiness of more than 2300 personnel in the Missouri Air National Guard's two wings who are poised to support community, state, and federal missions. General Sterr also serves in a dual-hat role as the Air National Guard Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center,
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. The center is responsible for the total life cycle management for aircraft, engines, munitions, electronic, computer, network, cyber and agile combat support systems
General Sterr commissioned through the Academy of Military Science, Knoxville, Tenn. Her assignments include command at the flight, squadron and group levels. She previously served as the Air National Guard Advisor to The Inspector General, Secretary of the Air Force where she provided technical and advisory support to The Inspector General and staff on all matters pertaining to the Air National Guard. She was responsible for investigating complaints and allegations made against senior Air Force officials. As a prior Drill Status Guardsman, General Sterr worked over 20 years in the commercial banking industry attaining the title of Vice President. She managed several branch locations while maintaining a loan portfolio to include real estate, commercial, and agriculture assets.
1987 Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville
1991 NCO Preparatory Course, Whiteman Air Force Base, Mo.1993 Academy of Military Science, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn.
1996 Transportation Officer School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2003 Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Shepard AFB, Texas
2010 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2014 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2015 Advanced Nuclear Concepts Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2021 United States Air Force Leading Strategically Course, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2022 National Security Studies Management Course, Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
2022 Senior Leader Orientation Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2023 Joint Task Force Commanders Course, NORTHCOM, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1. April 1993 – March 1994, Transportation Officer, 139th Airlift Wing, St. Joseph, Mo.
2. April 1994 – March 1995, Operations Support Officer, 139th Airlift Wing, St. Joseph, Mo.
3. April 1995 – December 1996, Transportation Officer, 139th Airlift Wing, St. Joseph, Mo.
4. December 1996 – December 2000, Transportation Officer, 131st Fighter Wing,
St. Louis, Mo., (August 2000-September 2000, Vehicle Operations Flight Commander, 363d Air Expeditionary Wing, Prince Sultan AB, Saudi Arabia)
5. December 2000 – December 2002, Logistics Support Flight, 131st Fighter Wing,
St Louis, Mo.
6. December 2002- August 2007, Commander, 131st Maintenance Operations Flight, St. Louis, Mo.
7. August 2007 – July 2009, Commander, 131st Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
8. July 2009 – June 2010, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. June 2010 – June 2011, Commander, 131st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
10. June 2011 – June 2012, Commander, 131st Maintenance Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
11. June 2012 – November 2017, Commander, 131st Maintenance Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
12. November 2017 – April 2019, Senior Officials Inquires Officer, Secretary of the Air Force, Inspector General, Senior Officials Directorate, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. April 2019 – May 2021, Present, Guard Advisor, Secretary of the Air Force, Inspector General, Senior Officials Directorate, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
14. June 2021 – Present, Chief of Staff, Missouri Air National Guard, Jefferson City, Mo.
15. October 2021 – Present, Air National Guard Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
16. January 2023 – Present, Assistant Adjutant General, Missouri Air National Guard, Jefferson City, Mo.
17. April 2023 – Present, Air National Guard Assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 1, 1993
First Lieutenant May 7, 1995
Captain July 23, 1997
Major June 7, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 1, 2010
Colonel May 22, 2014
Brigadier General 11 Sept. 2021
(Current as of April 2023)