An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
Official websites use .mil
website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.
Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Missouri National Guard
Missouri National Guard
Search Missouri National Guard:
Search Missouri National Guard:
Care Team Map
Child and Youth Program
Education and Incentives
Family Assistance and Readiness
Holistic Health and Fitness
Missouri Military Family Relief Fund
MONG Apprenticeship Program
Psychological Health Program
State Family Program
Yellow Ribbon Program
Enlisted Promotion System
Equal Employment Opportunity
Human Resources Office
Design Our OEF Medal
Volunteer for Mobilization
News and Media
Current Job Listings
Chief Master Sgt. Jessica Settle
Chief Master Sergeant Jessica L. Settle is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the Missouri Air National Guard. She serves as the advisor to The Adjutant General, Commander of the Air National Guard and staff on all matters influencing the mission readiness, professional development, proper utilization, health, morale and welfare of the State’s enlisted Airmen and their families. Additionally, she disseminates the commander’s policies to all levels of senior officer and enlisted leadership.
Chief Master Sergeant Settle enlisted in the active duty Air Force in October 1996 and after completing Basic Military Training, she attended aerospace medical services specialist technical school at Sheppard AFB, Texas. While on active duty, she served as an aerospace medical service technician. In 2008, she was assigned to the 509th Bomb Wing, in the wing plans section, developing medical training and exercise scenarios for the base. Also, in 2008 after serving 12 years on active duty, Chief Master Settle ended her tenure with the active duty and enlisted in the Air National Guard, continuing her career as an aerospace medical service technician. In 2010, she was hand-selected to set-up the first squadron medical element within the 131st Operations Group. Then, Chief Settle went on to serve as the human resource advisor for the 131st Bomb Wing. She was selected as the superintendent for the 131st Medical Group, managing the enlisted force to meet home station and expeditionary mission requirements.
Prior to her current position, Chief Settle served as the command chief for the 131 Bomb Wing, Whiteman Air Force Base/Jefferson Barracks Air Base Station.
2000 Allergy/Immunization School, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, D.C
2002 Airman Leadership School, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.
2009 Associate of Allied Health Science, Community College of the AF, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell, Ala., by correspondence
2013 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Professional Military Education, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2015 Bachelor of Arts, Ashford University, Clinton, Iowa
2016 Master Exercise Practitioner Program, Emergency Management Institute, Emmitsburg, Md.
2016 ANG Chief Executive Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2016 ANG Command Chief Orientation Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2017 Mentoring for Results, Center for Creative Leadership, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
2018 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2019 Enlisted Senior Joint PME I, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va., by correspondence
2020 Enlisted Senior Joint PME II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va., by correspondence
1. October 1996 – November 1996, Basic Military Training, 383rd Training Squadron, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. November 1996 – May 1997, Aerospace Medical Service Specialist Training Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. May 1997 – July 1997, Aerospace Medical Service Specialist Training Course, Travis AFB, Calif.
4. July 1997 – January 2006, Medical Service Journeyman, 355th Medical Group, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
5. January 2006 – March 2088, Medical Service Craftsman, 509th Medical Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
6. March 2008 – December 2008, NCOIC, Emergency Management Exercise, 509th Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
7. December 2008 – January 2010, Medical Service Craftsman, 131st Medical Group, Lambert Air National Guard Base, St Louis, Mo.
8. January 2010 – August 2013, Squadron Medical Element, 131st Operations Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
9. August 2013 – March 2014, Wing Human Resource Advisor, 131st Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
10. March 2014 – August 2016, Medical Group Superintendent, 131st Medical Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
11. August 2016 – September 2020, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 131st Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
12. September 2020 – Present, State Command Chief Master Sergeant, Joint Force Headquarters, Jefferson City, Mo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement medal with two oak leaf clusters
2003 Medical Group Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2004 Real Pro Award from Command Surgeon General
2007 Top Performer Award, Conventional Operational Readiness Inspection
2012 Operations Group Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2013 Health Services Inspection resulting in an “Outstanding” rating
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Missouri Women’s Mentorship Council, Vice President, 2017-Present
Team Whiteman Sisters in Arms Council
Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States
Missouri National Guard Association
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic Oct 2, 1996
Airman First Class April 2, 1997
Senior Airman Oct 2, 1999
Staff Sergeant Oct 1, 2002
Technical Sergeant July 1, 2006
Master Sergeant April 28, 2010
Senior Master Sergeant Sept 13, 2013
Chief Master Sergeant Oct 27, 2015
(Current as of May 2020)